From pale pastels to bright canary, there’s a yellow that can be used in every home.
Here are our top tips on the best ways to incorporate the springtime colour into your scheme:
- For an inexpensive way to bring the outside in, put big bunches of sunflowers or tulips in glass vases throughout the house. An easy way to make every room look sunnier
- A palette of buttery yellows and faded blues add charm and warmth to a farmhouse-style kitchen. Rustic accessories and pretty gingham add to the look.
- Make a feature of large windows by painting sunshine yellow on the wall around them and picking the same colour out throughout the room in accessories and textiles
- Painting a bathroom in shades of light gold and teaming with matte black accessories gives the perfect high-end look and feel to a bathroom you can truly relax in
- In a monochrome kitchen or bathroom, a few well-placed bright yellow accessories will bring an instant hit of sunshine to the room
- Use lemon yellow in a dining room to make burnished pine furniture glow and striking artwork stand out
- Pale yellow walls paired with pretty white bedcovers is a classically pretty look for a little girl’s bedroom. Apple green adds an extra springtime flourish
- For a truly relaxing bedroom, hunt out wallpaper in shades of antique gold featuring birds and flowers, teamed with vintage French-inspired furniture
- Use mustard yellow on walls with glossy walnut floors for a retro feel. Add white furniture to lift the look from dingy to zingy
Interior image from Fairview