This is our Customer Charter. It sets out our commitments to provide you with service, procedures and information at appropriate stages during your purchase.
1. We will conform to the Consumer Code for Home Builders.
2. We will give you a copy of our Customer Charter if you ask for one. We will automatically provide your solicitor with a copy if you reserve a property.
3. We will work to set procedures to meet the commitments we have stated in our Customer Charter.
4. We will train staff to understand their responsibilities in our dealings with you and what the Customer Charter means for you.
5. We will give you the detailed pre-contract information you need to make an informed decision about buying the property you have chosen. We will seek to ensure that a professional legal advisor is appointed to carry out the legal formalities of buying the property and to represent your interests.
6. We will make sure your reservation agreement clearly states the terms of your purchase.
7. We will let you know:
8. We will give you health and safety advice to reduce, as far as possible, the risk of danger on the development site during construction and in the use of your home.
9. Our marketing and advertising will comply with relevant laws and advertising codes.
10. Our contract-of-sale terms and conditions will be clear and fair.
11. We will make clear to you your cancellation rights.
12. We will give you reliable information about NHBC's Buildmark cover and any other guarantees and warranties from which you might benefit.
13. We will explain how we protect your deposit and how we deal with any other pre-payments.
14. We will give you reliable information about the timing of construction, legal completion and handover of the property. Once a completion date is set, we will ensure that:
15. We will inform you clearly about the after-sales and emergency services that we will provide.
16. We will tell you about our procedures for dealing with customer complaints, including the availability of any services that can help resolve complaints about warranties.
17. We will co-operate with appropriately qualified appointed professional advisors to help resolve disputes, if they arise.
Our Customer Charter commitments do not affect your statutory rights.